AudioAcrobat® Terms of Service
I/you, also referred to as the “Member” in this Agreement, understand that the AudioAcrobat® / AudioAcrobat.com system, also referred to as “we”, “us” and the “Service” in this Agreement, which includes but is not limited to all additional platforms such as social media, blogs and websites, is a proprietary system created by AudioAcrobat® and that any and all information pertaining to that system is the exclusive property of AudioAcrobat®. Such systems and information may include, without limitation, all documents and materials, whether printed, graphic, or in machine-readable form, source or object code, or other tangible form, which is disclosed by AudioAcrobat® or its affiliates, relating to the development of certain software systems and technology relating to communication systems and services initially for the exchange of information between buyers and sellers via electronic means or any other means now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, all processes, hardware, software, inventions, know how, business methods, pricing, operating, performance, non-public technical and business information, financial statements, appraisals, list of inventories, list of clients or customers, business plans or forecast strategies, production plans and marketing plans relating thereto (the "Information" or the "System"). I hold AudioAcrobat® harmless for any and all injury incurred, either financially or personally, as a result of my, the Member’s, use of the AudioAcrobat® system and AudioAcrobat® technology.
In consideration of the disclosure of any proprietary information that I may come in contact with, I agree as follows:
1. The Information shall be treated as confidential and I, the Member, shall not disclose that Information to any third party without the prior written consent of AudioAcrobat®. I acknowledge that the disclosure of all or any part of such Information may be detrimental to the interests of AudioAcrobat® and its affiliates and I shall take reasonably prudent measures to preserve the confidentiality of such information.
2. The Information shall not be used for any commercial purpose, reproduced in whole or part, nor revealed to others without prior written consent, of which consent may be withheld for any reason or no reason, and may be granted upon such terms as AudioAcrobat® chooses.
3. I, the Member, understand that AudioAcrobat® does not condone nor tolerate the sending of unsolicited email by users of the system. I understand and acknowledge that I am solely responsible for mail received and/or sent on my, the Member’s, behalf. I further understand that AudioAcrobat® will immediately terminate my Service for violating the AudioAcrobat® SPAM Policy as specified in that policy. In the event that my SPAMming has caused an AudioAcrobat® Service interruption, I understand that AudioAcrobat® will charge me a $1000 per hour fee until Service is fully restored. I understand that I will not be eligible for a refund when my Account has been terminated for violating the SPAM Policy. I understand that I forfeit all Affiliate commissions that were due me when my Account has been terminated for violating the SPAM Policy. AudioAcrobat® reserves the right to take legal action against any Member found violating this SPAM policy.
Important Points about SPAM:
* DO NOT send out unsolicited email. If you, the Member, follow the CAN-SPAM ACT policies, you must provide opt-in and opt-out for your, the Member’s, mailing list. Failure to do so will blacklist your domain. For more information on the rules and regulations regarding SPAM, please go here: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/can-spam-rule
* Do not SPAM-vertise. Using AudioAcrobat® links or reference to any aspect of AudioAcrobat® for advertising in unsolicited email is unacceptable.
* Do not use the name "AudioAcrobat" or any instance as such regarding domain names or as part of your, the Member’s, email as it is a trademarked name.
4. I, the Member, understand that all Members are automatically opted-in at sign-up for announcements via email. AudioAcrobat® reserves the right to contact any Member for the purpose of making announcements that will inform of Members of training classes and other important notifications regarding the status of AudioAcrobat®.
ATTENTION: All AOL users must request to be included in email messages (Opt-in) from AudioAcrobat®. The reporting of AudioAcrobat® opt-in email messages as SPAM by any Member will cause the immediate closure of your, the Member’s, AudioAcrobat® Account. All AOL users are asked to opt-out if they desire not to receive email notifications from AudioAcrobat®. Invoice and bandwidth email messages may be sent automatically, and may not be opted out of unless you, the Member, close your Account, or have manually opted out of such messages within your AudioAcrobat® Member Account.
5. I, the Member, understand that AudioAcrobat® reserves the right to change or modify the terms of this Agreement or deny Services to anyone, without notice, at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to any unusual use of bandwidth and/or SPAMming.
6. I, the Member, understand that I am responsible for providing AudioAcrobat® with accurate contact and payment information at all times. AudioAcrobat® is not responsible for Service interruptions that may result from my, the Member’s, payment or Account information becoming out-of-date, incomplete or inaccurate.
7. I, the Member, authorize AudioAcrobat® to keep on file and charge the credit/debit card listed in my, the Member’s, online application form for AudioAcrobat® Services provided on a month-to-month basis or in accordance with the payment plan selected, and for any past due balances in order to bring the Account balance current. I understand that I am on an “Auto-Bill” form of payment for the current subscription plan I have selected which means my credit/debit card will be charged each month automatically unless I specifically withdraw permission to do so. I can elect to choose an alternate form of payment other than Auto-Bill as provided by AudioAcrobat®. I further understand that I will be charged automatically at the end of any Free Trial period unless I choose to close my Account before the Free Trial ends. AudioAcrobat® may charge my credit/debit card Account at any time for any outstanding invoice including and not limited to bandwidth charges and surcharges.
8. I, the Member, understand that Accounts are considered past due when payment is not received within 3 days after the date of invoice. I understand that Accounts that remain unpaid after 7 days may have their Service interrupted or terminated. Such interruption or termination does not relieve me from financial obligation to pay the monthly charge. Outstanding balances are subject to a $10 late fee. I agree to pay AudioAcrobat® all reasonable expenses, including attorney and collection agency fees incurred by AudioAcrobat® to enforce the terms and conditions of this Service Agreement.
9. I, the Member, agree that all information, files and email will be deleted from an unpaid Account 10 days past due or when my, the Member’s, Membership is terminated by either party. If I choose to use the AudioAcrobat® Service again thereafter, I must reapply as a new Member. I agree that my money-back guarantee trials are NOT available to me in the event that I reapply for Membership. I understand that the Free Trial can only be used once per Member.
10. I, the Member, acknowledge that my, the Member’s, AudioAcrobat® Membership cannot be transferred or used by anyone other than me without express permission of AudioAcrobat® management. I understand that any Membership found in violation shall be subject to immediate termination.
11. I, the Member, agree that AudioAcrobat® has the right to refuse or suspend Service at any time for any reason without any prior notice. If Service is to be suspended for more than 15 days, or terminated permanently, AudioAcrobat® will notify me, the Member, via the email address on-file with my, the Member’s, Account.
12. I, the Member, understand that I may close my, the Member’s, Account at any time and that I am required to use the Close Account Form when closing my Account. Account closures are never performed over the phone. Account closure is considered in effect when confirmed by AudioAcrobat® via email. If the terms are not agreed upon as stated above in “5.”, AudioAcrobat® reserves the right to terminate Membership at any time, in which any Affiliate commissions will also be forfeited.
13. I, the Member, understand that AudioAcrobat® may issue a one-time refund of my, the Member’s, Membership fees, up to and for no more than three (3) months worth of Service, at AudioAcrobat® sole discretion, and will not refund any surcharged Service charges, including but not limited to toll-free access usage, storage usage or bandwidth usage in excess of the amount included in my subscription plan.
14. I, the Member, understand that AudioAcrobat® reserves the right to change the subscription rates, schedules and billing by notifying me 30 days in advance of the effective date of the change via email, postal mail, or on the AudioAcrobat.com domain.
15. I, the Member, understand that I cannot become an Affiliate Member of my, the Member’s, own AudioAcrobat® Affiliate Account.
16. I, the Member, understand that all audio, visual or text content I have created, listed, and published using AudioAcrobat® while an AudioAcrobat® Member is subject to copyright, trademark or other laws regarding intellectual property ownership. It is my, the Member’s, sole responsibility to abide by all such laws with regard to publishing audio or any other forms of content. I will hold AudioAcrobat®, its affiliates, agents, partners, and owners completely harmless and not liable for any copyright, trademark or intellectual property infringements that may arise from my, the Member’s, violation of the Copyright Laws.
17. I, the Member, further understand that my, the Member’s, AudioAcrobat® Membership Account can be canceled at any time for any misconduct or violations of State and Federal Laws. Such misconduct or violations are not limited to copyright or trademark infringement, intellectual property theft, libel, slander, defamation, pornographic use, broadcasting with or directing explicit sexual or vulgar content, and derogatory threats, verbal or otherwise, to the AudioAcrobat® Service personnel or staff. I will hold AudioAcrobat®, its affiliates, agents, partners, and owners completely harmless and not liable for any misconduct or violation of State and Federal Laws that I have committed or perpetrated as an AudioAcrobat® Member.
Important Points about the AudioAcrobat® Trademark:
* AudioAcrobat® is a registered trademark and use of AudioAcrobat®’s registered trademark is prohibited outside the scope of this Terms of Service Agreement. DO NOT use the AudioAcrobat® trademark in any form or fashion such as and not limited to email addresses, graphics, illustrations, labels, logos, photos or web domains.
* Be assured that the AudioAcrobat® trademark will be defended aggressively.
18. All recordings, regardless of format, not limited to feedback, opinions and testimonials submitted to AudioAcrobat® via the “Listen Line” feature using the telephone number (540) 402-0043 x2004 or any other telephone number or recording medium provided by AudioAcrobat® for this purpose, are considered voluntary and “Fair Play” media and may be broadcasted and published to anyone.
19. The AudioAcrobat® support team, in its efforts to support Members with specific troubleshooting issues, may have to examine, play or review audio or video files within the Member’s Account without the permission of the Member in order to remedy issues and provide troubleshooting tips back to the Member.
20. AudioAcrobat® reserves the right to change or discontinue any features and Services offered under any subscription plan, or any applicable pricing structures for any such features and Services, at any time, in AudioAcrobat®’s sole discretion and without advance notice, which includes but is not limited to phone lines, storage, bandwidth and the Affiliate Program. The availability of any AudioAcrobat® features, Services or pricing structures is not guaranteed indefinitely, or for any period of time.
21. At its sole discretion AudioAcrobat® reserves the right to remove any content or media from any portion of the Service, including Member Accounts, if the content is found to violate the Terms of Service. AudioAcrobat® will not maintain media files indefinitely, which includes media in Accounts that have been closed. Furthermore, AudioAcrobat® reserves the right to discard media files in closed Accounts at any time post Account closure.
22. I, the Member, understand that if I am dissatisfied with the Service or if I am unwilling to agree to and abide by any terms, conditions, rules, policies, practices or guidelines of AudioAcrobat® in providing the Service, my, the Member’s, sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service by closing my Account.
BY REGISTERING FOR AUDIOACROBAT® AND UTILIZING ITS SERVICES AT ANY TIME, I, THE MEMBER, HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THIS USAGE AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE WHILE STILL USING THE SERVICE WILL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF MY, THE MEMBER’S, AUDIOACROBAT® ACCOUNT.
AudioAcrobat® Affiliate Program Agreement
This Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to an individual or entity's participation in the AudioAcrobat® Affiliate Program (the "Program"). As used in this Agreement, "we" means AudioAcrobat® / the “Service”, and "you" means the “Member”. "Site" means a World Wide website and, depending on the context, refers either to AudioAcrobat®'s Site located at the URL www.AudioAcrobat.com, or to the site or sites that you will link to AudioAcrobat®’s Site.
1. Enrollment in the Program
All AudioAcrobat® signups are automatically enrolled in the AudioAcrobat® Affiliate Program, even if the Member chooses not to actively participate.
2. Links on Your Site
AudioAcrobat®/we will provide you, the Member, with guidelines and graphical artwork to use in linking to AudioAcrobat®’s home page. To permit accurate tracking, reporting, and referral fee accrual, we will provide you with special "tagged" link formats to be used in all links between your, the Member’s, site(s) and the AudioAcrobat® Site. You must ensure that each of the links between your site(s) and our/AudioAcrobat®’s Site properly utilizes such special link formats. Links to our Site placed on your site(s) pursuant to this Agreement and which properly utilize such special link formats are referred to as “Special Links”, “Special Link”, or “Affiliate URL”. You will only earn referral fees with respect to activity on our Site occurring directly through these Special Links: we will not be liable to you with respect to any failure by you to use these Special Links, including to the extent that such failure may result in any reduction of amounts which would otherwise be credited to you pursuant to this Agreement.
AudioAcrobat®/we will process signups placed by customers who follow Special Links from your, the Member’s, site(s) to our/AudioAcrobat®’s Site. We reserve the right to reject signups that do not comply with any requirements that we periodically may establish. We will be responsible for all aspects of signup processing and fulfillment. Among other things, we will prepare signup forms; process payments, cancellations, and returns; and handle customer service. We will track signups made by customers who subscribe using Special Links to our Site and will make available to you, the Member, reports summarizing this signup activity. The form, content, and frequency of the reports may vary from time to time at our discretion.
4. Referral Fees
You, the Member, may not directly or indirectly offer any person or entity any consideration or incentive (including, without limitation, payment of money [including any rebate], or granting of any discount or other benefit) for using Special Links to access AudioAcrobat®’s Site (e.g., by implementing any "rewards" program for persons or entities who use Special Links on your, the Member’s, site(s) to access the AudioAcrobat® Site). If AudioAcrobat® determines, in our/AudioAcrobat®’s sole discretion, that you have offered any person or entity any such consideration or incentive, AudioAcrobat® may (without limiting any other rights or remedies available to us) withhold any referral fees otherwise payable to you under this Agreement and/or terminate this Agreement. Excess bandwidth usage and/or toll-free usage are non-commissionable.
5. Referral Fee Schedule
You, the Member, will earn referral fees based solely on the referral of AudioAcrobat® Accounts as specified. The current referral fee schedule is 5% commission on each AudioAcrobat® signup originated by you from your, the Member’s, Special Link (Level One). Commissions are earned on a recurring basis for as long as AudioAcrobat® bills the referred Members. In order to earn Affiliate commissions, both the referring Member and any referred signups need to be active AudioAcrobat® Members off the Free Trial, and have made at least one subscription payment each.
6. Referral Fee Payment as Credit
All Affiliate commission payments are applied as a credit balance to be used for existing or future Service balances due and are typically applied within five (5) business days. All credits shall be applied in U.S. dollars. AudioAcrobat® reserves the right to hold Affiliate commission credits until commission payout is $20 or more. In the event that the accrued Affiliate commission amount is less than $20, that commission amount will be added to the next month's commission accrued total. AudioAcrobat® Members participating in the AudioAcrobat® Affiliate Program are required to initiate all credit requests on their own behalf. AudioAcrobat® is not responsible for informing Members of when to request Affiliate commission credit. To request Affiliate commission credit, AudioAcrobat® Affiliates must request credit using the "Request Credit" button viewable on the Affiliates page in the Account section.
Note: You, the Member, must be an active AudioAcrobat® Member, accept any updated Terms of Service upon login to your, the Member’s, Account, and maintain an up-to-date physical mailing address should AudioAcrobat need to mail physical copies of updated Terms of Service, in order to earn Affiliate commissions. Closed or terminated Accounts lose all rights to claim or request Affiliate commissions.
7. Policies and Pricing
Customers who subscribe through your, the Member’s, Special Link, will be deemed to be customers of AudioAcrobat®. Accordingly, all AudioAcrobat® rules, policies, and operating procedures will apply to those customers. AudioAcrobat®/we may change our/AudioAcrobat®’s policies, operating procedures and prices at any time.
8. Identifying Yourself as an Affiliate
AudioAcrobat®/we will make available to you, the Member, an Affiliate website with an unique URL that identifies you as a Program participant. In order to be credited for an AudioAcrobat® referral, your, the Member’s, visitors must enter AudioAcrobat.com via your Affiliate URL. These visitors will be tracked with your Affiliate ID and you will be credited for any sale associated with those visitors. You may not make any press release with respect to this Agreement or your participation in the Program without our/AudioAcrobat®’s prior written consent, which may be given or withheld in our sole discretion. In addition, you may not in any manner misrepresent or embellish the relationship between us/AudioAcrobat® and you, or express or imply any relationship or affiliation between us and you or any other person or entity except as expressly permitted by this Agreement (including by expressing or implying that AudioAcrobat® supports, sponsors, endorses or contributes money to any charity or other cause). As an Affiliate, you agree not to send any unsolicited email to announce your affiliation with AudioAcrobat®. This action will result in your Account’s immediate termination and will cancel any commissions that may be pending.
9. Custom Affiliate Arrangements and Agreements
AudioAcrobat®/we can make available custom Affiliate landing pages for cross or reciprocal marketing purposes for certain Members expressing a desire to introduce AudioAcrobat® Services to their specific target audiences. We reserve the right to make the determination whether such custom Affiliate arrangements and agreements are in the best interest of AudioAcrobat®. AudioAcrobat®, in its sole discretion, has the right to cancel any such arrangement if it is deemed that the Member is offering products and Services which conflict or compete with the products and Services of AudioAcrobat®. Such action will result in the immediate termination of the arrangement or agreement and will cancel any commissions that may be pending.
10. Limited License
AudioAcrobat®/we grant you, the Member, a nonexclusive, revocable right to use the graphic image and text described in section “8.” above, and such other images for which we grant express permission, solely for the purpose of identifying yourself, the Member, as a Program participant and to assist in generating referrals. You may not modify the graphic image or text, or any other of our/AudioAcrobat®’s images, in any way. We reserve all of our rights in the graphic image and text, any other images, our trade names and trademarks, and all other intellectual property rights. We reserve the right to revoke your, the Member’s, license at any time by giving you written notice.
11. Term of the Agreement
The term of this Agreement will begin upon your, the Member’s, Account creation and any acceptance of Terms of Service and will end when terminated by either party. Either you, the Member, or AudioAcrobat®/we may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause. Upon the termination of this Agreement for any reason, you will immediately cease use of, and remove from your site(s), all links to our/AudioAcrobat®’s Site, and all AudioAcrobat® trademarks, trade dress and logos, and all other materials provided by or on behalf of us/AudioAcrobat® to you pursuant hereto or in connection with the Program. You are only eligible to earn referral commissions on AudioAcrobat® subscriptions during the term, and referral fees earned through the date of termination will remain available only if the related subscription payments are not canceled or returned, or the rules of this Agreement were not violated by you. We may withhold your final payment for a reasonable time to ensure that the correct amount is paid.
AudioAcrobat®/we may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time and in our/AudioAcrobat®’s sole discretion, by posting a change notice or a new Agreement on our Site. Modifications may include, for example, changes in the scope of available referral fees, referral fee schedules, payment procedures, and Program rules. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, THE MEMBER, YOUR, THE MEMBER’S, ONLY RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM FOLLOWING OUR/AUDIOACROBAT®’s POSTING OF A CHANGE NOTICE OR NEW AGREEMENT ON OUR SITE WILL CONSTITUTE BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGE.
13. Relationship of Parties
You, the Member, and AudioAcrobat® are independent contractors, and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our/AudioAcrobat®’s behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on your, the Member’s, site(s) or otherwise, that reasonably would contradict anything in this Section. As an independent contractor, you are responsible for your own local, state, or federal taxes.
14. Limitation of Liability
AudioAcrobat®/we will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits, or data) arising in connection with this Agreement or the Program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, our/AudioAcrobat®’s aggregate liability arising with respect to this Agreement and the Program will not exceed the total referral fees accrued under this Agreement.
AudioAcrobat®/we make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Program or any products sold through the Program (including, without limitation, warranties of fitness, merchantability, non-infringement, or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage). In addition, we make no representation that the operation of our/AudioAcrobat®’s Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
16. Independent Investigation
YOU, THE MEMBER, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT AUDIOACROBAT®/WE MAY AT ANY TIME (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) SOLICIT CUSTOMER REFERRALS. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States and the state of Texas, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Dallas, TX and you, the Member, irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our/AudioAcrobat®’s prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns. Our failure to enforce your, the Member’s, strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement.
Louisiana residents only: In the event of a dispute for jurisdictional purposes, a distributor shall be entitled to file an adjudicatory claim or lawsuit in the jurisdiction of Louisiana and the governing law shall be Louisiana law.
AudioAcrobat® Privacy Statement
AudioAcrobat® is committed to protecting your, the Member’s, privacy. Please read the AudioAcrobat® Privacy Statement below for additional details. This AudioAcrobat® Privacy Statement applies to data collected by AudioAcrobat®.
Personal Information Collection
At AudioAcrobat®, you, the Member, are asked to provide personal information, such as your, the Member’s, email address, name, home or work address or telephone number. AudioAcrobat® may also collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. If you choose to make a purchase or sign up for the AudioAcrobat® paid subscription Service, you will be asked for additional information, such as your credit/debit card number and billing address that is used to create an AudioAcrobat® Account.
In order to access AudioAcrobat® features and Services, you, the Member, will be asked to sign in with a username and password, which is referred to as your, the Member’s, “login data”. As part of creating your login data, you may also be requested to provide questions and secret answers, which AudioAcrobat® uses to help verify your identity and assist in resetting your password, as well as an alternate email address.
AudioAcrobat® may collect information about your, the Member’s, visit, including the pages you, the Member, view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with AudioAcrobat® and Services. AudioAcrobat® also delivers advertisements and provides website analytics tools on non-AudioAcrobat® Sites and services, and may collect information about page views on these third party sites as well. Additionally, AudioAcrobat® collects certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses.
AudioAcrobat® may record your, the Member’s, experiences through any of AudioAcrobat®’s audio, telephony or video features or Services for feedback, opinions or testimonials. These recordings may be published on AudioAcrobat®’s Site(s) for marketing and promotional purposes.
When you, the Member, receive newsletters or promotional email from AudioAcrobat®, AudioAcrobat®/we may use tracking technology, customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the email has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused email communications or other information.
In order to offer you, the Member, a more consistent and personalized experience in your, the Member’s, interactions with AudioAcrobat®, information collected through one of AudioAcrobat®’s features or Services may be combined with information obtained through other AudioAcrobat® features or Services. AudioAcrobat® may also complement the information AudioAcrobat® collects with information obtained from other companies. For example, AudioAcrobat® may use services from other companies that enable AudioAcrobat® to derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain Services to a certain geographic area.
Personal Information Use
AudioAcrobat® collects and uses your, the Member’s, personal information to operate, improve and deliver the Services or carry out the transactions you, the Member, have requested. These uses may include providing you with more effective customer service; making the Site(s) or Services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; performing research and analysis aimed at improving AudioAcrobat®’s products, Services and technologies; and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences.
AudioAcrobat® uses your, the Member’s, personal information to communicate with you, the Member. AudioAcrobat® may send certain mandatory Service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical Service issues, and security announcements. AudioAcrobat® may also occasionally send you product surveys or promotional mailings to inform you of other products or Services available from AudioAcrobat® and AudioAcrobat® affiliates.
Personal information collected on AudioAcrobat® Site(s) and Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which AudioAcrobat® or AudioAcrobat®’s affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using an AudioAcrobat® Site or Service, you, the Member, consent to any such transfer of information outside of your, the Member’s, country. AudioAcrobat® abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.
Personal Information Sharing
Except as described in this statement, your, the Member’s, personal information will not be disclosed outside of AudioAcrobat® and its controlling entities and affiliates without your consent. Some AudioAcrobat® Services or features allow you, the Member, to choose to share your personal information with select AudioAcrobat® partners so that they can contact you about their products, services or offers.
Some AudioAcrobat® Services and features may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you, the Member, register for or use such Services, both AudioAcrobat® and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded Services.
AudioAcrobat® and its controlling entities may occasionally hire other companies to provide limited Services on AudioAcrobat®’s behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of AudioAcrobat®’s Services. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the Service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
AudioAcrobat® and its controlling entities may access and/or disclose your, the Member’s personal information if such action is believed to be necessary to: (a) comply with the law or legal process served on AudioAcrobat®; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of AudioAcrobat® (including the enforcement of AudioAcrobat® Agreements); or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of AudioAcrobat® Services or members of the public.
Personal Information Access
You, the Member, may have the ability to view or edit your, the Member’s, personal information online. In order to help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you will be required to sign in with your login data (username and password).
Personal Information Security
AudioAcrobat® is committed to protecting the security of your, the Member’s, personal information. AudioAcrobat® uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, AudioAcrobat® stores the personal information you, the Member, provide on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. When AudioAcrobat® transmits highly confidential information (such as a credit/debit card number or password) over the Internet, AudioAcrobat® protects this information through the use of encryption, such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocols.
If a password is used to help protect your, the Member’s, Account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you, the Member, are sharing a computer with anyone you should always choose to log out before leaving the AudioAcrobat® Site or Service to protect access to your information from subsequent users. If you choose to provide your login information to any 3rd party, AudioAcrobat will be held harmless and is not liable for any action any 3rd party takes within your Member Account, including but not limited to deleting or publishing private content, changing payment information, initiating Service payments or purchasing additional Services.
AudioAcrobat® uses "cookies" to enable you, the Member, and your, the Member’s, Affiliates to login to AudioAcrobat®’s Services and to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
You, the Member, have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your, the Member’s, browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of AudioAcrobat® features and Services that depend on cookies.
Advertisements Displayed by Third Parties
AudioAcrobat® may allow third-party ad serving companies, including ad networks, to display advertisements on AudioAcrobat® web pages. Ad serving companies often place a persistent cookie on your, the Member’s, computer in order to recognize your computer each time they display an online advertisement to you, the Member. Because these companies may serve advertisements on many different websites, they may be able to compile information over time about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements they display. These companies may use this information to make predictions about your characteristics or preferences and to display targeted advertisements that they believe may be of interest to you. They may also associate this information with your subsequent visit, purchase or other activity on participating advertisers’ websites in order to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
These companies may offer you, the Member, a way to opt out of ad targeting based on their cookies. You may find more information by clicking on the company names relative to the advertisement and following the links to the website(s) of each company.
SPAM Control or Unsolicited Email
AudioAcrobat® is concerned about controlling unsolicited commercial email, or "SPAM." AudioAcrobat® has a strict SPAM control policy prohibiting the use of a email account to send SPAM. AudioAcrobat® will not sell, lease or rent its email subscriber lists to third parties. While AudioAcrobat® continues to actively review and implement new technology, such as expanded filtering features, there is no currently available technology that will totally prevent the sending and receiving of unsolicited email. Using junk email tools and being cautious about the sharing of your, the Member’s, email address while online will help reduce the amount of unsolicited email you, the Member, receive.
This Privacy Statement Enforcement
If you, the Member, have questions regarding this statement, you should first contact AudioAcrobat® by using the AudioAcrobat® “Contact Us” form page.
Privacy Statement Changes
AudioAcrobat® will occasionally update this privacy statement to reflect changes in AudioAcrobat®’s Services and customer feedback. When AudioAcrobat® posts changes to this Statement, AudioAcrobat® will revise the "Updated" date at the bottom of this statement. If there are material changes to this statement or in how AudioAcrobat® will use your, the Member’s, personal information, it will notify you, the Member, either via email, postal mail, or on the AudioAcrobat.com domain. AudioAcrobat® encourages you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how AudioAcrobat® is protecting your information.
Privacy Statement Acknowledgment
This Privacy Statement is provided by Women’s Online Media and Education Network and AudioAcrobat® solely for the use on the AudioAcrobat® Site. No other services or entities are responsible for this content.
AudioAcrobat® welcomes your, the Member’s, comments regarding this privacy statement. Please contact AudioAcrobat® by using AudioAcrobat®’s “Contact Us” web form.
All Members are encouraged to print and retain a copy of this document for their, the Member’s, records.